I think in my 60 something years, there’s been only maybe two or three times in my life, I’ve tasted
cauliflower. My guess is Mom didn’t like it, so she never subjected us to it !
But I have to say, if she had tried this recipe, we would of become fans much sooner.
This soup is not only delicious, but very satisfying and filling.
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon cube (this was 2 Knorr cubes for me)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, optional
For Directions: click here.
Did you like this? Thanks for letting us know.