This Apple Cranberry Almond Coleslaw is a neat twist on the more traditional coleslaw. A great combo of sweet, creamy and crunchy makes a great side dish for just about any meal.
You’ll never settle for Deli made coleslaw again after tasting this Apple Cranberry Almond Coleslaw. Cabbage, along with cranberries, almonds and apples, dressed in yogurt rather than mayo gives it an unexpected twist, but if you need a little more zip, just add a tablespoon or two some dry mustard or Dijon mustard.
I’ve used it in a cold cut sandwich, instead of a condiment, along with a huge scoop of it on my plate. Enjoy !!
Yield: About 8 servings
- 1 small cabbage, shredded (6 – 7 cups packed)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 large gala apples, sliced into matchsticks (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
Did you like this? Thanks for letting us know.