This is an Easy Cheddar Sourdough Bread, not the kind that takes days to complete. The Greek yogurt and sour cream is what gives this bread the sourdough flavor, and the longer it ferments (rise) the more pronounced the sourdough flavor. So relax and enjoy, some delicious homemade cheddar sourdough bread.
Prep Time: 10 min. Cook Time: 35 to 40 min.
Total Time: about 9 hours, for rising
Yield: one med 8-inch oval loaf
- 3 cups bread flour
- one-17.6 ounce tub plain unsweetened Greek yogurt with active cultures (must say ‘active cultures’, ex: 0% Non-Fat Fage)
- about 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt, lite versions are okay), or as needed
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- scant 1 teaspoon (just slightly less than 1 teaspoon) instant dry yeast, for 6 to 12 hours rising (use closer to 1/2 teaspoon yeast if you plan to allow dough to rise for 12-18 hours )
- about 4 ounces cheddar cheese, diced in 1/2-inch cubes
Full Directions here.