This Magic Cake is truly magic. With just a few simple ingredients it makes a magically delicious 3 layer cake, that will definitely disappear.
The trick to this magic … don’t fold in the egg whites completely, you want to make sure you still have some of the white bits in it, and you too will get those magical 3 layers.
Prep time: 15 min. Cook Time: 1 hr. **
Total Time: 1 hr. 5 min. Serves: 9
- 4 eggs, at room temperature… separate yolks from whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk lukewarm *
- powdered sugar for dusting cake
* warm it in the microwave for about a minute.
** Oven temperatures vary, so test if after 40 minutes, it’s done when it only jiggles slightly, but feels firm to touch.
Full Directions here.