Who remembers these things? Check these out and see how many you remember.
- Spoolies …Whimsies … Big hair
- A church key … The Ballaroo
- Car hops …Drive Ins
- Playing kickball ….Ring a levee O
- Bradlees store … Caldors
- Ironing your hair … Penny candy stores
- Filling pillow cases with candy while Trick or Treating
- Tv’s being rolled into a classroom on a 6 foot table
- Dickies … Bell bottom pants… CPO jackets
- Amusements at Revere Beach
- Bus transfer tickets …American bandstand
- The 9:00 o’clock whistle
- The milkman …The ice cream truck
- Plywood ranch … Woolworth’s
- Playing marbles … Playing jacks
- Veronica & Archie … Poodle Skirts
- Rotary Phones … 45’s
- Aluminum rabbit ears … Hula Hoops
- Paper doll cut outs … The Mouseketeers
- When cars came with 2 keys, one to open the door and one to start the car
- Boarding a plane by walking up a flight of stairs
- Saddle shoes … Penny Loafers
So if you don’t recognize some of these items… just Google them… you’ll most likely get a good chuckle at how naïve and simple life was back then.
But, if you remember some of these things, you’re probably around mine and Bobbi’s age (the new 30, huh) .
And if you remember all of them, well let’s face it … you are older than dirt ! !
For those who don’t know what most of these things are … well you’ve missed an incredible journey, we can only hope you get a chance to experience some remarkable changes like we have.
So here’s to your future … just hang on and prepare to be amazed, you can’t even imagine what’s ahead.
Want more post about this topic ? Thanks for letting us know.