What’s more American than apple pie…how about some Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars! With a salted caramel topping, these bars add a fabulous twist to the standard apple pie.
This is one of those recipes that really make a holiday special, it’s not difficult and what a delight to give as a holiday gift, you’ll truly be remembered for these.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large apples, peeled and thinly sliced (1/4 inch thick)1
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ( unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- homemade salted caramel sauce
For directions click here, relax and enjoy.